European colour-ring Birding
European colour-ring Birding is a platform between the field-observer and the project-leader. Therefore it can not provide any details or life-list of your sighting. To get this information, you have to go through this website, find the project-leader and contact her/him.
This website was created (September 1995) and maintained min. twice monthly by volunteer Dirk Raes [ cr-birding ADD skynet.be ], totally for free and during his free time.
You can contact him in English, Dutch, French and German, but as said : NO life-list can be provided.
Dear field observer,
When you see a colour-ringed bird, feel free to use this website and trace your sighting.
* First, you need to know which bird species it is.
* Second, birds can be ringed with a neckring, one or more coded legring(s), a combination of colour-rings, a wingtag or a nose-sadle. We call this the colour-ring type.
* Third, you need the colour of the colour-ring and the code.
* All official ringed birds have also a metal ring. Sometimes this ring is used into the combination; therefore also note the position of this metal ring.
* Finally, once you note all these information correct, you can contact the project leader through this website. The projectleader will answer normally quick, sometimes it takes time. Be patient. A life-list of your sighting is worth waiting.